Pre-construction meeting was today. We met the project manager and reviewed our master selections. This went pretty smoothly. This is the meeting you find out that if you want anything changed, break out the "Custom Change Order" form with a lofty cost. The only thing we found out about today (that we didn't already have previous knowledge of) was that the garage is not insulated. To meet energy star requirements, walls of living space have insulation, but not the exterior walls of the garage. I had assumed (incorrectly) that the energy star requirement would mean that they would have to insulate this wall, obviously I was mistaken. In hind-sight, we can always take down the sheet rock and do it ourselves before painting, if we need to. That is to be determined.
We also went through and verified the location of all the celing fan rough-ins and additional outlets. We're putting three extra outlets in the garage for things like tools and Christmas lights.
I plan on taking pictures every week throughout the process so look forward to seeing those.